Gershwin tune from Porgy and Bess, of course. But, jeez, do they kill it or what?
Archive for July, 2009
One of the most chilling scenes in an endless stream of chilling scenes in “You’re Gonna Miss Me”, the 2005 documentary about psychedelia’s mad professor 13th Floor Elevators’ Roky Erickson, is when the viewer is given a guided tour of Roky’s apartment. This cachophonous interlude gets at the core of schizophrenia as Roky automatically goes through an obviously familiar routine of creating noise with every available appliance in his dingy apartment to drown out whatever voices torment him. Truly heartbreaking. Add that doc to your queue right now.
Roky Erickson “The creature with the atom brain”
Here are the facts:
- If it’s hip, cool and now, chances are it sucks.
- and I’m not going to like it.
- Please don’t tell me what bands are good.
- The hipster masses are worse than the regular masses.
- Generalmente, I don’t care for poppy music. (some exceptions of course, wtf?)
- Mika Miko can barely play their instruments and I like that
- they actually write good songs
- and this video is darling